Thursday, July 12, 2012

I bought a scooter!

I have really wanted to update this thing but also really haven't had the time. Very intense past few days.

The biggest thing is I'm now the owner of a 50cc Roketa Scooter, and can get around pretty much anywhere at glorious 90+mpg! The downside is my top speed is between 35 and 40mph, so no interstate traveling for me for now. I had been using my father's car to get around, but he was beginning to fear his truck was about to break down, so the scooter is a temporary fix for me until I can find either a really cheap car or save up enough to afford something decent. The only way that'll happen though, is if it's a very dry, warm winter. Still, I've always dreamed of living car free and still getting around, so hopefully it'll be as great as I've imagined. Pros so far: less than 4 dollars to fill my tank, and really beautiful rides on back roads with the freshest air ever.


Also, I'm now living in Radford full-time, about a half a month sooner than I'd anticipated. Most of the reasons are too personal to go into on such a public blog, so in short I'll just say I love my dad, but man is he getting irrational and controlling ever more so in his old age. Or maybe he's always been that way, I was just too young to see it. Regardless, it's an incredibly liberating feeling standing on my own two feet and getting around by myself with assistance from no one, even if it does take me an hour to get from Radford to Christiansburg.


Lastly, needing funds to buy a car, I've decided to give up my weekends that I currently have off in order to find a second part time job. Hopefully it won't be forever, but in the immediate future comfort and leisure shall be sacrificed for productivity and prudence. I still hope to at least manage one day a week off, which I'd like to devote to writing. I'll still be updating this on a regular basis whenever I can though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment