Thursday, July 5, 2012

Lethargy turns to Lucidity

Looks like I'm about 22 days shy of not having touched this blog for a full year. What happened, you ask? A combination of life, laziness, and lack of inspiration. All my creativity was being dulled out by the fact that work was making me so stressed that I'd simply just go home, do something to make me feel relaxed (drinks, smoking, what have you), and then pass out on the couch.

My body full of energy but my mind too tired to do anything about it, I started staying up later and later until complete insomnia set in and I'd have to chug numerous energy drinks just to stay alert and focused at work, less they listen in on my calls and chastise me for not paying attention to the customer. Excessive consumption of energy drinks is surely no way to help someone with insomnia, which led to me lasting only about 5 more months at the call center.

I learned that I'm not someone who can simply spew horseshit out of his mouth in order to make people smile. While I definitely have the ability to do so, apparently I also have a conscience that gives me stomach ulcers if I continually do something I find to be unconscionable. This really worries me as most of the world is built on bullshit, but then again I suppose it's no virtue to be a well-adjusted member of a fucked up society.

In-between jobs from April to the beginning of June this year, I had a lot of time to collect my thoughts and think about what I really want to do with my life. I'll be 25 this coming October, and If I can't make a living selling bull like the rest of the world, then I better either skiddle my butt back to school or figure out how to make an honest days dollar for an honest days work. 

I managed to land a job bussing tables at Kabuki steakhouse in Christiansburg which is paying the bills for now. I've found a house in Radford with good friends that's secured my living situation for the indefinite future, and for the most part I'm content with my lot in life. Now all that's left is to figure out what to do for the future.

I want to be a writer, which is the real reason I started this blog back up again (that, and Google made it really easy to combine my Google+ account with everything else owned by Google which makes me more likely to use their products (excellent marketing, Google!)). Practice makes perfect, so I figure what better way to prepare myself for pages upon pages of story ideas that will eventually flow from my fingers than attempting to tell the story of my life, little by little, day by day?

In short, I'm back again and have no intention of leaving this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment